cat

buchflimmern

Impressions from the reading life

#boutofbooks 16: Next week is another readathon week

Bout of Books

The #boutofbooks readathon is happening again. Here is the schedule.

My plans are simple this time, as I'm not planning to join in with any of the competitions or giveaways.

Goals for the readathon

1. Read every day.
  2. Participate on Twitter every day.

Simple, right? :) Just to make things a bit more interesting, here's what I might be reading next week (*eek* so soon!)

Stranger in a Strange Land.  I don't know if this is for me since I've heard mixed things about it. But trying to keep an open mind, I'll dig in and find out for myself.
Warren the 13th and the All-Seeing Eye.  A friend lent me this gorgeously illustrated book. This comes in a big format, comlplicating the reading process a wee bit. Nothing puts me off reading like an unhandy book. ^^
Sorceress of Darshiva.  The fourth installment in the Malloreon is part of my David Eddings reread. Which has taken me too long already.
Der König der purpurnen Stadt. This German historical novel is so damn cozy to read that it's been sitting on my nightstand for months. Enough!, I say. This is getting ridiculous.

Also, I will (still) be listening to The Guermantes Way, which I started yesterday. And yes, it's actually good fun when you don't need to find your way through Proust's labyrinthic sentences on your own.