cat

buchflimmern

Impressions from the reading life

#boutofbooks 15, Day 2

Bout of Books...that escalated quickly. Yesterday after work, I didn't return to Heidi but went to see The Force Awakens instead :)
Sorry Heidi. If you had a spaceship (picture that!), I might have remained true to you.

So as things are, my Monday totals at 141 pages. Considering my reading for the last couple of months it is not even bad.
Needless to say my goal for today is to finish Heidi. Literally. Or what?

Challenge Time

Today's challenge is a round of Would you rather. Let's see what the questions are.

Would you rather lend books to someone who dog-ears pages or to someone who reads with cheesy Cheetos fingers?

Ugh. Dog-eared pages it is. At least they don't stink.

Would you rather be able to meet one character of your choice or meet one author of your choice?

There are some authors I'd love to meet, but there is always the possibility of terrible disappointment. So I'll go with meet the character. An early Anne Shirley maybe.

Would you rather never be allowed in a book store again or never be allowed in a library again?

I've moved recently and now have access to the most wonderful library. I'd rather never set foot in a book shop again than never be able to lend all the books, DVDs, and music I want. Easy choice when you think about it.

Would you rather have to choose one of your favorite characters to die in their book or have to pick one of your favorite couples to break up in their book?

Phew. I'm not into romance at all, actually I like sad stories, so the break-up it is.

Would you rather be required to read Twilight once a year for the rest of your life or The Scarlet Letter once a year for the rest of your life?

He. I pick The Scarlett Letter. Even if I don't like it, at least I can bear the writing and get something out of it other than rage.

Updates will follow. See you!

Update

A client sent me unexpected work, so I only managed to read another 100 pages of Heidi. I'm stil loving it, but it is time I get to another book this week. Other things keep popping up and that bugs me.

I love how good-natured Heidi is. Yes, it is on the verge of saccharine fluff, but honestly I don't care. Every character in the book is precious to me, I never knew I liked them so much. Maybe I've read the book multiple times in the past without remembering it?