cat

buchflimmern

Impressions from the reading life

#boutofbooks 15, Day 1

Bout of Books

Here we go! My books are all lined up, I have a cuppa sitting next to my easy chair, I'm all ready to start a week of reading!

I decided to read Heidi first. While remembering it for its' archaic style I'm sure I'll just fly through it. I'm excited to finally reread this children's classic!

If for whatever reason you do not know what Heidi is about: It follows young orphan Heidi, who's sent to live with her grandpa on a mountain well outside the next village somewhere in the Swiss Alps. The old man carries a grudge against men and God. Heidis' loving nature soon brings joy back into his life.

I'll be adding my updates for this day to this post so I don't spam others. My secret hope is to read the whole thing today, but I've some other work to do as well, so this might be too ambitious.

Update 12.00h

I'm now on page 141 and must finally get to work :-/

Really enjoying this so far. All the memories come back. I remember feeling very sorry for Heidi when she is so misunderstood by Ms. Rottenmeier, who refuses to grasp Heidi's nature. But Heidi is very lucky to meet with so many people who are good and do like her at first glance.