cat

buchflimmern

Impressions from the reading life

#boutofbooks 15 is coming / January reading

Bout of Books

Yep, it's that time again. Next week, a hoard of joyously chatting readers will flood the internet with their reading updates, pictures, and all that jazz.

The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, January 4th and runs through Sunday, January 10th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 15 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. - From the Bout of Books team

Since my reading plans for January are made I'll just share the whole thing with you guys. Let's see what I can get through during the readathon.

Reading List (aka the random list of books I might or might not pick up during boutofbooks, January, or at all)

Marcel Proust: Swann's Way

Starting my reread of In Search of Lost Time, yay! I'm rather excited to finally try again and hopefully succeed this time. Not like that time when I called the whole thing off in the middle of book 5. I will be listening to the unabridged audiobook version, I'm not insane, people.

Johanna Spyri: Heidi

I read this maybe 15 years ago as a child, marvelling at the strange language (archaic Austrian accent). Now that I'm a linguist I'm looking forward to diving into this sound again.

Gavin Extence: The Universe vs Alex Woods

Let's say this is my random tbr pile read for the month. I bought this book on a whim, not knowing what I was going for. You could say that still is my status quo.

Katherine Dunn: Geek Love

Book one for my Women's Century Challenge, where I chose 10 books from 10 consecutive decades all authored by women. No, I'm not much of a chronological reader, so let me start with the Eighties in peace.

David Eddings: King of the Murgos

Another reread, but this time in English, this is book two of the Malloreon saga. I'm slowly making my way through all books featuring Garion&Co., approximately with the fascinating speed of the continental shift.

Ransom Riggs: Ms. Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children

A group read I might want to join if time allows. The movie adaptation for this is scheduled for christmas 2016, and I don't like being spoiled by trailers, so I rather get to this ASAP.

Robert Beachy: Gay Berlin. Birthplace of a Modern Identity

I requested this for review and the book has just arrived before christmas. Couldn't start it right away and it is a big book, but I want to read it badly. Maybe I can get a bite out of it.