cat

buchflimmern

Impressions from the reading life

It's Monday! What are you reading?

(HARRY POTTER UND DIE KAMMER DES SCHRECKENS = HARRY POTTER AND THE CHAMBER OF SECRETS) BY Rowling, J. K.(Author)Hardcover Dec-1999 - J.K. Rowling The Lies of Locke Lamora - Scott Lynch

So, last week I set out to read yet another Nobel prize winning author. But soon it turned out I really wasn't in the mood for a depiction of rural China. For the first time ever I got the winter blues. I coudn't go on reading.

So I picked up something to cheer me up, and that was Harry Potter. I finished that in no time, so this Monday, I'm reading the second installment of Harry Potter, The Chamber of Secrets. I remeber enjoying this more than the first book back when I first read the series in 1999. Remember how it was not knowing how everything would turn out?

The other book I'm reading now is The Lies of Locke Lamora. I must say I'm not so much into it as I'd expected. I somehow managed to ignore all the comparisons with Oceans Eleven. I mean, I love a good heist story, but this is so much darker than I want right now. But I queued up for it at the library and now that it's my turn, I don't want to let go without trying.