cat

buchflimmern

Impressions from the reading life

#boutofbooks 14, here I come! My #TBR and goals

Bout of Books

Today begins the Bout of Books 14 readathon. Time to make my goals official. This week, I want to:

Participate in one of the Twitter chats: Since my timezone doesn't allow my participating in the first round, I want to join in number two on Saturday, 5 PM CEST. BTW, I'm @buchflimmern.
Follow along on Twitter, rambling about my reading, cheering others on, and so on.
Visit other participants blogs daily
Post daily updates here on BL
Read straight for an hour a day: I realized I became kind of a "Squeeze a couple of pages in here and there" kind of reader. Not good.

So much for my social goals, on to my TBR:

from left to right:

Der König der purpurnen Stadt (historical fiction, no translation)

This is a 1000 pages long, so obviously I won't be able to read all of it, but my goal is to get at least through 20 pages of this each day this week. Why only 20? Glad you asked.
Heiße Spur aus Afrika (children's fiction, no translation)

This is a re-read, one of my childhood favourites. My goal is to read this in one day. Like in the ole days, you know?
Überredung aka Persuasion (classic)

My main goal this week is to read this book during BoB

The Winter People (mystery)

optional read (but it sounds amazing!)
Kinder- und Zaubermärchen (Ludwig Bechstein's fairy tales)

No, it's no tradition of mine to have this book in every single readathon TBR. It just happened. Three times. Since I'm having trouble getting through this while not being frustrated enough to purge it, my humble goal will be to read at least one story a day.