cat

buchflimmern

Impressions from the reading life

It's Monday! What are you reading?

Girl on the Train - Du kennst sie nicht, aber sie kennt dich.: Roman - Paula Hawkins, Christoph Göhler Das Lied von Eis und Feuer 7: Zeit der Krähen - George R.R. Martin

I spent a whole delightful Sunday reading The Girl on the Train to my fiancé. Still, we're only halfway through and I feel I should go read ahead over this week. I got my copy from the publisher a while ago and it is time for the review. But it is entertaining so far, and you get more clues as to the truth when you pay close attention to what the characters say and how they say it. Very interesting, well crafted story. Yet, I wouldn't call it a thriller so far. I hope to finish this book in June.

Since finishing the Song of Thorn and Sorrow series on audio, I spent some hours catching up on my favourite podcast. After that I started listening to the next installment of A Song of Ice and Fire, A Feast for Crows. I have a hard time to remember all the names and events. One argument against taking it slow with the series. But I don't want to be yet another reader desperately awaiting the next book in the series...

When I finish the Paula Hawkins book, I'm going to pick up the oldest book on my TBR: Der König der purpurnen Stadt, a historical novel by German author Rebecca Gablé. I have no idea why I haven't read it before, I really enjoy her writing and her amount of research is superb, while the stories are easy to get through. Only problem: Close to 1000 pages.